Friday, April 3, 2009

Angeline Jellybean ~ Book Review ~ Crystalee Calderwood


Crystalee Calderwood's Angeline Jellybean is the perfect gift for this Easter season.

Angeline wants to eat nothing but jellybeans. Year round, from Easter to Christmas, she asks for her favorite treat. But a strange event teaches Angeline that there's such thing as too much of a good thing! With colorful, delightful illustrations by Stephen Macquignon, Angeline is sure to win over hearts of young picky eaters everywhere.

As quoted from an unsolicited review on Amazon.com:

"I was planning to save this for my son's Easter basket, but gave up on waiting and I'm glad I did. He absolutely loves it! We have (literally) hundreds of books in the house, but he's picked this one at bedtime every night this week. The thing is, my kid is a pretty picky eater, so I think he can *totally* relate to Angeline, and he goes into fits of giggles every she says "Blah!" when her mom tries to get her to eat healthy stuff. We love the illustrations -- my son's favorite is the fun picture of jellybeans doing jumping jacks in Angeline's tummy. Will it make my picky eater love salad? Not a chance, but I appreciate the opportunity to gently reinforce my efforts to get him interested in healthier choices. At the conclusion, he's taken to renaming her "Angeline Saladean!" which cracks us both up.

Thank you, Crystalee and Stephen!

--M.C. Kerr, Philadelphia, PA"

Angeline Jellybean makes the perfect Easter gift for your young child!






Or Purchase at:

To learn more about Crystalee’s career visit:

6 comments:

  1. I love Angelina, so glad someone is putting her in her son's Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather fond of Angeline, Crystalee, and Stephen myself. The combination is an adorable book for children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can one forget this title! Great going! Great branding through an outstanding title! Do you use jellybeans in your promotions?

    Best,
    Carolyn Howard-Johnson
    Author of the multi award-winning The Frugal Book Promoter, the first in the HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another book to add to my list for my grandchildren. I think they'll love it.

    Beverly

    http://beverlystowemcclure.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this review! And the cover looks fantastic-the bright colors are a good choice, I have always been fond of striking colors for kids' stories. Congratulations!
    Liana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this review too! I was so thrilled to have seen it pop up on Amazon.com.

    Happy Easter everyone! Don't forget that books are healthier than jellybeans!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE

*Stories for Children Publishing, LLC. (SFC) and its divisions do not receive any compensation for product reviews beyond a sample and/or limited access to a paid website. SFC donates all books sent for review to a charitable organization. SFC may do a contest or giveaway of samples we receive. SFC does not review any samples sent without a request for review to the Blog Editor, VS Grenier. SFC's staff members will not return unauthorized samples to the senders, but will donate them without review.