He’s President Barack Obama.
What’s it like to be president, to be responsible for the decisions of an entire country? What’s a typical day like for the busiest man in the free world? Find out with TIME for Kids: President Obama: A Day in the Life of America’s Leader.
This beautifully depicted book starts with a brief overview of the election process and goes on to describe the campaign trail and even gives readers a glimpse into the White House itself. It also gives some fun facts about President Obama before he was the “top dog”—for example, growing up, he had a pet ape named Tata.
TIME for Kids: President Obama shows children what a typical day in the life of the President is like with:
· Good Morning, Mr. President
· Busy Day in DC
· Busy Days on the Road
· Good Night, Mr. President
In addition, fun facts are scattered throughout the book, and the book even gives us a glimpse at what President Obama’s appointment book looks like. And with actual pictures of the President, his family, and his team, this book isn’t only educational—it’s beautiful.
President Obama: A Day in the Life of America’s Leader will make the perfect holiday gift for kids between the ages of 6 and 13 years old and is a great aid in helping parents spark up a conversation about politics with their children. This book will be available in stores on October 6, 2009.
Kids, want to win your very own copy of President Obama: A Day in the Life of America’s Leader? Here’s how:
· Tell us in your own words what President Obama would do if he could do ANYTHING in the world.
· It can be fun/funny/serious/work- or play-related.
· Kids 6–13 years of age are eligible to enter.
· One entry per person.
· Put President Obama Contest in the subject line of your email.
· Email entry to SFCcontests@storiesforchildrenmagazine.org.
· Contest closes October 20, 2009.