Thursday, January 7, 2010
MAKE YOUR OWN FINGER PAINTS
By: VS Grenier
We all love to get our hands dirty in finger paints. But have you ever make your own?
What You Will Need:
1 cup and 3 tbsp water
3 tbsp cornstarch
1. With adult supervision mix cornstarch with 3tbsp of water. You should get a smooth paste.
2. Have adult helper bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
3. Add boiled water to cornstarch paste. Stir.
4. Add 3 drops liquid detergent. (This makes clean up easier, Parents.)
5. Add two drops of tempera paint. (The smaller the better.)
You’ll want to store your home-made paints in a closed jar in the refrigerator. It will keep for days. When you are ready to paint, just set out for about 5 minutes.
Now let those fingers get to painting!
Want more craft ideas? Check out the January issue of Stories for Children Magazine at http://storiesforchildrenmagazine.org
*Stories for Children Publishing, LLC. (SFC) and its divisions do not receive any compensation for product reviews beyond a sample and/or limited access to a paid website. SFC donates all books sent for review to a charitable organization. SFC may do a contest or giveaway of samples we receive.