Dads are always so proud of their children, and they feel especially honored when they see their kids get together and make something especially for them. It means so much to be appreciated on father’s day.
Children can’t always put their appreciative feelings into words, so crafts are the perfect way for them to give back and express their love for their fathers.
Here are some ideas for the best craft projects that are perfect for fathers:
1. Make dad a coin tray: Dads always need a place for spare change. Kids can make dads a special coin tray made out of Crayola’s model magic. Children just need to mold the tray into a coin tray and the next day it is ready for use. Don’t forget to personalize the coin tray.
2. Create a crafty tie holder: Father’s day is a great time for making a tie. It’s perfect for all of those past ties you gave dad for father’s day over the years! Kids can make this special tie holder out of a wire hanger, and felt. This gift looks great in a closet, and will remind dad every day how much his children love him.
3. Craft a Father’s day fish penholder: Is dad an outdoor type of guy? If so, the fish penholder is really adorable. Kids can cut out all types of colorful shapes of dish and other critters. A drab penholder can become so much more exciting when kids decorated it.
4. Design a keyholder for dad: Looking for the perfect father’s day craft for school age kids? A ruler, lanyard hooks and ribbon can be transformed into a great keyholder. You can also use a mini Bowdabra to make a simple bow to attach to the hanger of the keyholder.
5. Construct #1 Dad and #1 Son T-shirts: Not much is cuter than seeing a dad and his son wearing matching t-shirts. Kids can make crafty shirts that are personalized for their beloved dads.All you need to get started is some blank t-shirts, fabric and fabric paint.
These gift ideas are great for grandpas and uncles too. If you think that dads will love these crafts made by their kids, just wait until you see the reaction from other loved ones.
For more creative ideas, visit www.C4K555.org to download free projects at Crafters 4 Kids.
About the Author:
Sandy Sandler is founder of non-profit Crafters 4 Kids and creator of the QVC best-seller, the Bowdabra. Her frugal craft projects and activity ideas are designed to transform the creatively challenged into creative pros.