Saturday, October 2, 2010

The New Families Matter Blog Editor!


I am thrilled to be the new blog editor for Stories for Children Publishing’s Families Matter blog. I am a neonatal nurse by night and a freelance writer by day. I have a passion for kids and healthy families so this opportunity will fit well into what I love to do.

I have been a nurse for many years and I am amazed at how children deal with both acute and serious illnesses, so much of my freelance writing time goes into writing fiction and nonfiction for children who deal with these issues. Many times kids can teach us much about life, priorities and what really matters.

Quality time seems to win out every time. Kids want your time and attention. They don’t always want material things. Adults sometimes get so busy providing the material things that time seems to run out.  

Here on the blog I hope we can provide some great resources to help you extend the quality time you can spend as a family. I personally hope to be able to contribute information that will be helpful in maintaining a healthy family lifestyle, too.

 I may also, from time to time, offer posts for those parents and kids who are dealing with real life health issues. I find a lack of that kind of information. Parents can feel very alone when dealing with a critically ill child. Why is it that we as parents feel embarrassed when our child is ill or has some disease? My goal is to empower parents to get past those feelings and to be an advocate for their child even during the darkest hours.

Please feel free to contact myself or one of our great team members here at SFC. Our goal is to provide the best information and resources that we can so you can be the best you can be as a parent, student, teacher or grandparent.  We may even be able to put a fresh spin on some old-time topics…. reading, writing and arithmetic. Stay tuned for more as we post fresh new material and work to keep you informed.


Terri Forehand RN, SFC Blog Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE

*Stories for Children Publishing, LLC. (SFC) and its divisions do not receive any compensation for product reviews beyond a sample and/or limited access to a paid website. SFC donates all books sent for review to a charitable organization. SFC may do a contest or giveaway of samples we receive. SFC does not review any samples sent without a request for review to the Blog Editor, VS Grenier. SFC's staff members will not return unauthorized samples to the senders, but will donate them without review.