Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rockin' Music Kids Learn From




I was sent a new CD for elementary school-aged kids this last month. The music is perfect for children who crave catchy music with an adult like quality. This is not like your normal children’s CD. The sophisticated music covers a wide range of genres you find in the adult market making this music CD one of a kind.



The biggest thing I noticed is that, unlike other children’s CDs that do not deliver the goods and/or are intended for older audiences, “Read to Rock Kids” does what it says. Don’t get me wrong, I love putting in some of my children’s CDs that have songs like “There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly” or others which have the current Top 10 billboard songs sung by kids for kids. Trust me when I say I have heard the Smash Mouth “All Star” enough times I can sing it in my sleep. But what about songs with great beats that also teach a lesson? “Ready to Rock Kids” gives parents this option.



As I parent, I want a CD that has appropriate lyrics, while still providing entertainment for my kids to rock out to. Free Spirit Publishing has done that with volume 1 and 2 of “Ready to Rock Kids” created by Don R. MacMannis, Ph.D.



“Ready to Rock Kids” entertains kids while teaching them about issues they deal with every day in school and at home without preaching. Topics you’ll find covered in this CD are sharing, feeling included, manners, respect, relationships and much more. Parents pop this CD in and play songs like “Cleanup Time” to encourage children to do their share when playtime is over and before you know it . . . your child will be singing along as they pick up their toys. Something I witnessed my daughter doing just last night before bedtime.



With messages parents support, children and adults will want to rock-out together to the catchy beats of this CD. You can learn more and hear sample songs at http://www.freespirit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE

*Stories for Children Publishing, LLC. (SFC) and its divisions do not receive any compensation for product reviews beyond a sample and/or limited access to a paid website. SFC donates all books sent for review to a charitable organization. SFC may do a contest or giveaway of samples we receive.