Sunday, April 22, 2012

Interview with Author Nicole Borgenicht

1. Tell us a little bit about your background and how you became an author.


I was frustrated by an outbreak of teen violence in the U.S. I wrote my first published article for the United Nations International Newsletter:The Secretariat News, about American creative teens raising money for peace.




2. Tell us about your current book. Give a short summary, tell us about your publisher, and also how you got the idea for this book.

The Kids of Dandelion Township experience enchanted moments together in a magic meadow where they discover. the differences and similarities between cultures.

This is a self-published book on Amazon’s CreateSpace. I was writing a story about three friends and I started thinking about Katrina, and a way to interject the impact that might have on a young person.

3. What is a typical writing day like for you?

I will write a couple of hours in the morning, a few in the afternoon and then several more in the evening. When I have plans at night, I start earlier and work more hours in the day.

4. What do you enjoy most about writing?

Inventing ways to say something I feel strongly about with characters who are created out of my imagination.

5. What is the most difficult part of writing?

Time! My idea of how long I would like it to take to get published is a lot quicker than the actual process.

6. Do you make school visits or do speaking/book signing engagements? If so, please describe a typical presentation.

Not yet.

7. Is there any book that, when you read it, you thought, "I wish I had written that!"?

No.

8. Do you have a website? If so, please give the URL. If not, where can readers go online to learn more about your book(s) and to order?

http://www.nicoleborgenicht.com/ ordering is on Amazon. Also my illustrator has a great website where she also has links to her blog http://www.lisamgriffin.com/

9. What are you working on right now?

I am working on The Kids of Dandelion Township II

I also have a young adult novel and a picture book on tap.

10. What is your best tip for aspiring authors?

Look for an editor who appreciates your work. Find mentors and take workshops.

11. What advice would you give children and teens as they prepare for life?

Follow your heart and do the work you love.


3 comments:

PLEASE NOTE

*Stories for Children Publishing, LLC. (SFC) and its divisions do not receive any compensation for product reviews beyond a sample and/or limited access to a paid website. SFC donates all books sent for review to a charitable organization. SFC may do a contest or giveaway of samples we receive.