When I was two years old, my family immigrated to the
2. Tell us about your current book. Give a short summary, tell us about your publisher, and also how you got the idea for this book.
3. What is a typical writing day like for you?
Every day is different for me. I write out a ‘to write’ list at the start of the month. On the weekends, I plan my work for the week. I begin with the most time-consuming work first. Some days, I am writing for an assigned story, and other days I focus on applying for grants or work on marketing. There are also WIP stories to work on. Occasionally, there are days for reading and analyzing magazines.
4. What do you enjoy most about writing?
I enjoy the actual writing of a story. It is the part that involves choosing the precise words to use, constructing sentences and creating the flow of the story. This comes after the story line, characters and conflict is clear in my mind.
5. What is the most difficult part of writing?
6. Do you make school visits or do speaking/book signing engagements? If so, please describe a typical presentation.
I love Mem Fox’s, Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge , Sandra Boynton’s, Doggies
and Anna Dewdney’s Llama Llama Red Pajama.
8. Do you have a website? If so, please give the URL. If not, where can readers
go online to learn more about your book(s) and to order?
9. What are you working on right now?
10. What is your best tip for aspiring authors?
Read, read, read the genre you would like to write.