Here are some ideas to make sweet, salty, and quick and easy come straight from your kitchen.
- Try homemade fries with olive or grape seed oil and sweet potato strips. Sweet, salty, and nutritious all in one snack or side dish.
- Freeze yogurt layered with sugarless natural fruit jams in paper cups with a stick. After 3-4 hours in the freezer this makes a great nutritious snack for both adults and kids.
- Freeze crushed or pureed fruit in ice cube trays. Use them with sparkling water in place of soda pop for a refreshing drink.
- Blend fresh fruit and shaved ice for a frozen slushy in the convenience of your home.
- Offer pretzels with low fat ranch dip or cheese slices for a salty and filling snack.
- Apple slices are always a refreshing snack.
- Chop chicken, tomatoes, grapes, and hard boiled eggs in tiny pieces. Spoon over lettuce or spinach leaves and top with a fruit dressing. Sprinkle sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts or pecans for a finishing touch.
- Dip strawberries in dark chocolate for a sweet treat that all ages love.