Each month the Families Matter Show will cover topics on the importance of family to empowering our children.
This month we are on at special day and time with the topic: The Importance of Empowering Teens
It is very important for parents to empower teens to be their best. Teens struggle quite a bit nowadays and they have many problems that we didn't have when we were adolescents. The culture demands certain things from adolescent girls and boys. But it is important for them to do mor than mimic what their peers and culture is saying and doing. They need to become authentic individuals. Here are a few ways that parents can empower teens:
- Talk to your kids a lot about what their beliefs and values are as opposed to what the culture is dishing out to them;
- Empowering our children to be the best that they can be by believing in them and helping them be more responsible;
- Not beating them up when they make mistakes but to talk to them at length and try and correct them in the future;
- Developing a relationship of unconditional love with our children and teens;
- Developing honest and open interaction with our teens by having face to face chats on a consistent basis.
Learn more about us at World of Ink Network and our blog Families Matter!
Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/worldofinknetwork/2014/04/23/the-family-matters-show-host-irene-s-roth-on-empowering-teens