Envy eats nothing but its own heart. - German Proverb
You can't be envious and happy at the same time. - Frank Tyger
Everyone faces envy, the green-eyed monster, at some point in life. There are times when you just can't help but be envious of someone else. Yet, there are things you can do to make friends with the green-eyed monster and be less envious of others or help others be less envious of you.
Try these tips:
1. Know that you are just as worthy and good as everyone else. Repeat the words "I am just as good as everyone else" to yourself when you start to feel envious of another person.
2. Try not to compare yourself to others. You are a unique person with unique character traits and unique life goals. Celebrate your uniqueness! Remember, there is no one else in the entire world exactly like YOU!
3. Appreciate all that you have. That way you will have less time to compare yourself to others.
4. Be kind to your friends, even if one or more of them seems to be envious of you.
5. Be glad of another person's fortunes, even if that means you won't get the prize or the recognition.
6. Celebrate another person's unique character traits. Accept others as you would want them to accept you.
7. Compliment others, even if they have never complimented you.
8. Love others unconditionally, even if they don't seem to love you in return.
9. Treat others fairly and equally.
10. Don't put your friends down in order to make yourself feel better.
Practice these tips to become the unique and beautiful person your were meant to be. And help others to do the same.
Irene S. Roth is a freelance writer for teens, tweens and kids. She is also an academic writer and philosopher who is working on her doctorate in Philosophy. She has two published books in medical ethics, fifteen published academic articles, and over a hundred book reviews.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3560135